Happy Memorial Day! I thought I’d kick off this fine holiday with a little treat.
Hello, Nutella Protein Bites!
If you’re looking for a last minute treat to bring to that BBQ, these will be perfect. They take 5 minutes to whip up and don’t require any baking.
There are also only 5 ingredients in these babies, including the delicious Justin’s Hazelnut Butter I got from the Blend Retreat, and did I mention they’re vegan, gluten free, soy free, and peanut free?! Everyone can enjoy these little bites of joy.
Plus, they’re delicious and healthy! Shhh don’t tell the kiddos. Just tell them they taste like Nutella brownies! I’ll keep your secret.
I know you’ve got to run to all the festivities, so without further ado, the recipe:
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour*
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate protein powder
- 4 tbsp chocolate hazelnut butter (I used Justin's)
- 1.5 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- Combine oat flour and protein powder in a medium bowl. Sift to combine.
- Add in chocolate hazelnut butter and maple syrup and stir.
- Slowly stir in the almond milk a bit at a time. If the mixture seems to dry, you may add more.
- Once everything is combined, the mixture should have a thick dough-like consistency.
- Roll dough into 12 equal-sized balls.
- Nom away!
- 80 Calories, 3g Fat, 8g Carbs, 1g Fiber, 5.5g Protein
- Note - nutrition facts may vary depending on type of protein powder used.
- *You can make a cup of oat flour by putting whole oats in a food processor or blender.
What did you have for Memorial Day BBQ dessert?
Have you ever tried Justin’s Chocolate Hazelnut Butter?