Another month, another moment to set some intentions and make some goals. Get inspired by checking out my October 2016 Goals!
Welcome to another great Wild Workout Wednesday Link Up where Annmarie from The Fit Foodie Mama, Jen from Pretty Little Grub, Michelle at Fruition Fitness and I bring you workout ideas, motivation, inspiration and recipes to try. Join us each week by reading along, linking up and grab the button to proudly display on your blog/in your posts!
October has arrived, and it’s starting to feel like Fall in NYC. Not gunna lie, I’m pretty much the stereotypical white girl when it comes to Fall. I love boots, sweaters, scarves and all things pumpkin. Fall also means perfect running temps. YAS!
The beginning of the month also means it’s time to set some new goals. First, let’s check out how I did with my September Goals.
September Nutrition Goals
- Don’t Go Crazy – My biggest nutrition goal was to be good about my eating while I was on vacation. I wanted to be able to enjoy the local food and beverages but didn’t want to go overboard. I’m happy to report I did just that! I didn’t worry a bit about calories or sugar content, but I also didn’t use vacation as an excuse to eat all the things. In Nice, we found a great gluten and lactose free vendor that had delicious tarts and macaroons, so you bet your buns I got some. I also enjoyed beer in Belgium and wine in France pretty much every night. It was glorious, and I didn’t feel the least bit guilty. I also found that my allergies are much less of a concern in Europe, mostly because they don’t have corn subsidies or put all the crap in their food that we do here in the good ‘old USofA. After my stomach got over the initial stress of travel, it was pretty happy for the entirety of our trip! Grade: A-
September Fitness Goals
- Stick with my Plan Over Vacation – My goal was to get in all my runs while on vacation, as well as stick to the Bikini Body Guide workout plan. Things didn’t quite work out as planned. While I got in both of my long runs and one midweek run while on vacation, I missed two midweek runs and all of my Bikini Body Guide workouts. While that sounds pretty bad, I do have pretty legitimate excuses for missing all of that. One of my midweek runs was supposed to go down while we were in Brussels. Unfortunately, I didn’t feel comfortable enough with the city to run there. The last thing I wanted was to feel nervous for an hour-long run. I had another shorter run planned for Paris. I was REALLY excited to run through Paris. Unfortunately, my body had other plans. I caught a little cold the day we got to Paris. Since we’d already be doing a ton of walking, I didn’t want to push my immune system by waking up early and running. I’m bummed I didn’t get to run there, but such is life. Speaking of a ton of walking, we walked EVERYWHERE. Most days we hit almost 20 thousand steps, and a lot of those steps including walking up a bazillion stairs to see amazing views. I decided there really wasn’t much of a need to do all the BBG workouts when I was walking so much. Grade: C-
- Abide by the Walk Rule – I definitely nailed this goal. Will and I seriously walked all over the freaking place. The proof? Here’s a snap shot of my Fitbit stats for the first week of our vacation:
With September behind us, let’s see what October has in store!
- Keep it Simple – I’m in the midst of moving (more on that to come), so I currently only have necessities in my apartment. My kitchen consists of a set of silverware, a steak knife, a plate, a bowl and a mug. I have some random Tupperware my Mom was getting rid of, an old wok, a medium sized pot and a baking sheet. That’s it. I’m seriously living the minimalist lifestyle. As a food blogger, this is going to be a bit of a challenge, so my goal for this month is just to keep it simple. I can’t accumulate a tone of spices or equipment since I’m moving, so I’m planning on creating easy recipes that can be whipped up quickly on the stove or in the oven. I don’t even have a microwave to reheat things at the moment, so simplicity is key.
- Meal Prep – Despite having minimal equipment and ingredients, I still want to meal prep. I got back on the meal prep wagon last week thanks to PrepDish, and it really helped me eat better. I especially want to eat healthier as we lead up to the marathon, which I can’t believe is only 5 weeks away!
- Finish Marathon Training Strong – This is my last full month of marathon training (!!!), so I want to be sure to get in all my planned runs finish out the month feeling strong and confident!
- Pace Myself For the RNR Brooklyn Half – This Saturday, I’ll be running the Rock’n’ Roll Brooklyn Half Marathon. It’ll be my first RNR race, and I’m pumped! I’m using this half as part of my marathon training, so I don’t have any PR goals. In fact, I’ll be running 5 miles before the race even starts. I want to make sure that I stick to the pacing Coach Suz laid out in my plan and don’t go out too quickly or get in a “racing” mindset.
- Crosstrain – I decided to stop doing Kayla’s Bikini Body Guide for the moment. I really want to do that program, but I feel it requires some dedication. Right now, I’m dedicated to marathon training. After the marathon, I may set my sites on BBG, but in the meantime, I want to mix it up with some yoga, strength training and other fun fitness classes to compliment my running.
- Stay Stress Free – There are a lot of big life things happening right now (again more on that to come). So far, I think I’ve been doing pretty well with handling it all (check out my tips for decreasing stress here), and I want things to stay that way. Stress free is the way to be!
What have you been up to on the nutrition and fitness front? Share your posts in the Wild Workout Wednesday Link Up (rules here) and shout your goals out in the comments!
What are you goals for the month?
Anyone else running the NYC Marathon?
This post is also linked up with Cowgirl Runs.