Satisfy that salty, comfort food craving with these healthy, Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries! Perfectly crispy. Not greasy in the least. Pair well with all the dipping sauces known to man.
I love french fries. In fact, I don’t trust anyone who doesn’t like french fries. Sure, they can be oily and greasy, but damn, they sure are delicious. Turn those french fries into sweet potato fries and I’m in heaven.
Of course, my sensitive stomach doesn’t always agree with my taste buds. The taste buds say, “MORE! Give me all the greasy goodness and let me douse said grease in ketchup and aioli galore!” My stomach says, “STOP this madness. I am upset and will therefore be bloated the rest of the evening. So there.”
Now now, Monsieur Tastebud and Senior Stomach, why can’t we just get along? I will create a recipe that mixes the amazing flavors and crispiness of a sweet potato fry with a healthy cooking technique the stomach will appreciate.
Behold these paleo, vegan and gluten free Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries!
All the tasty glory of a fry without all the greasiness and stomach upset that comes with drenching them in oil.
Simply cut up your sweet potato, coat them with a touch of olive oil and flavor explosion of spices and bake!
The secret to getting them crispy is to cook them on a cooling rack. That way the heat and air gets at them from every angle and can really bake them into magical specimens of deliciousness.
I can see that you’re drooling. I suppose you want the recipe? Well… alright!
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut into sticks
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil and place a cooling rack on top.
- Place all ingredients in a large ziploc bag and toss to coat all the fries in the olive oil and spices.
- Place the sweet potato fries on the cooling rack in a single layer.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until desired crispiness is reached.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Are you a french fry fan or are you an alien?
Regular fries or sweet potato fries?