It only takes 4 ingredients to whip up this vegan, gluten free, rich and delicious Paleo Almond Butter & Jelly Fudge!
I admit to having a bit of a sweet tooth. After dinner, I always crave a little something. Ok, sometimes I crave a big something. Lately, I’ve been giving into my cravings in a bad way: making way-too-big bowls of “ice cream” with all the toppings and overall just eating too much when I’m not really hungry.
In an attempt to satisfy my sweet tooth but not go overboard, I thought it’d be a good idea to make a little bite-sized healthy dessert that I could indulge in without overindulging. Said dessert would need to be sweet, rich and filling.
I did some brainstorming and landed on what turned out to be an amazing creation (not to toot my own horn or anything). Let your sweet tooth drool over this Paleo Almond Butter & Jelly Fudge!
Fudge is not something I usually get to enjoy since it’s usually filled with things I can’t eat, but this entire recipe uses only 4 ingredients! Plus, it may actually be the easiest dessert to make – ever. It checks all my dessert boxes: sweet, rich, filling – and on top of that, it’s paleo, vegan, gluten free and absolutely heavenly.
The fudge base is made up of natural almond butter, coconut oil, and pure maple syrup. That’s it! The jelly glaze is simply strawberries, coconut oil and maple syrup. Who knew 4 ingredients could create so much yum?
This recipe also doesn’t require any baking and takes all of 5 seconds to actually make. You literally just combine ingredients and pop them in the freezer. You don’t even need a food processor! Seriously: easiest recipe ever.
Don’t believe me? Give the recipe a shot! If you don’t think it’s easy, I’ll eat my own own hat (or you know… I’ll just eat more of this fudge!).
- 1 1/4c creamy, unsalted almond butter (I used Trader Joe's)
- 1/3c melted coconut oil (I used Vita Coco)
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- pinch of salt (optional)
- 1/2c strawberries, chopped (about 3 large strawberries)
- 1.5 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- Line a loaf pan (9x5) with parchment paper.
- Combine the almond butter, coconut oil and maple syrup in a medium mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the lined pan and freeze, uncovered, for an hour.
- About 20 minutes before your fudge is ready, make your glaze by places your strawberries, coconut oil and maple syrup in a blender and blending until smooth. Place the mixture into the refrigerator to thicken up a bit (about 10-15 minutes).
- When your fudge is ready, remove it from the loaf pan and cut into 12 chunks (you can make 24 smaller chunks if you'd like). Then spoon a bit of your jelly glaze on top of each piece and place back in the freezer until solid (about 20-30 minutes).
- Then it's time to eat!
- Store leftovers in the freezer.
Do you have to have dessert after dinner?
How do you satisfy a nagging sweet tooth?