Despite the calendar telling me it is officially Spring, the weather refuses to catch up. It’s been winter for too long dagnabit! Well, instead of complaining (even though I just did), I’ll just use this cold weather as an excuse to make some nice warm oatmeal for breakfast!
I’m not talking any old oats; I wanted something special to make me feel better about the fact that it’s still Winter. So instead of my usual cold overnight oats, I dug through my kitchen to see what I had to make these oats extra phenomenal and out came: Peanut Butter & Jelly Oatmeal!
Don’t be afraid to say, “YUM!” Go ahead now… Yuh-UM!
This is the perfect way to fuel up after a morning run (bring on the carbs!), but the best part about oatmeal, is it takes less than five minutes to make from start to finish. Doesn’t get much better than that, and who doesn’t love peanut butter and jelly? NOBODY that’s who.
So go ahead, dive in spoon first and enjoy a salty yet sweet super satisfying breakfast of champions!
What’s your favorite breakfast to whip up on a cold morning?
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1.5 cup water
- 1 Tbsp PB Slim (or PB2)
- sweetener of choice (I used 1 packed stevia)
- 2 Tbsp strawberry preserves (or jelly/jam of choice)
- optional toppings: strawberry & banana slices
- In a microwaveable bowl, mix together the oats, water, PB Slim, and sweetener.
- Microwave for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes, checking to make sure it doesn't boil over.
- Remove from microwave and give it a good stir. Your oatmeal should be fluffy. If it's still watery, give it an extra few seconds in the microwave.
- Top with preserves and fruit.
- Dig in and warm up that belly!