It’s officially Fall, my friends, and I’m on an apple kick! Crispy on the outside. Juicy on the inside. I loaded up when I went apple picking a few weeks back and have been enjoying one a day ever since. I’m a.ok with a straight up juicy apple, but when my boyfriend asked me to make an apple pie, I thought hmmmm apple pie… how can I make that healthy? Well, gang, I found a way! further ado, allow me to introduce you to the Protein Apple Pie Tartlet!
It’s super simple to make. All it involves is an apple, an Apple Pie Quest Bar, a few spices and a few minutes. Use the Quest Bar as your crust, fill ’em up with the apples, bake, and Bazinga! Apple Pie Tartlet!
The nutrition facts are stellar:
110 Calories, 2.5g Fat, 18g Carbs, 9.5g Fiber, 10g Protein
Happy Fall, apple lovers!
- 1 Apple Pie Quest Bar
- 1/2 medium apple, chopped (I used Ginger Gold)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- sweetener of choice (I used 1 packet NuNaturals stevia)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place chopped apple in bowl.
- Stir in lemon juice, cinnamon, and sweetener and allow to sit while you make your crust.
- Spray two small ramekins with nonstick spray.
- Microwave an Apple Pie Quest Bar for 15-20 seconds.
- Roll out softened bar, split in two and mold into ramekins, creating a cup.
- Fill each cup with apple mixture.
- Place ramekins on baking sheet and place in oven for 10 minutes or until crusts are golden brown.
- Allow to cool, remove tartlets from ramekins, and enjoy!
- 110 Calories, 2.5g Fat, 18g Carbs, 9.5g Fiber, 10g Protein
What’s your favorite healthy dessert?
Are you an apple pie fan?
This post is linked up with Meatless Mondays.