With a dose of healthy greens and plant-based protein, this Protein Rich Vanilla Chai Latte will perk you up and fill you up!
This post is sponsored by Manitoba Harvest on behalf of my partnership with Fit Approach.
I can’t let a morning go by without a cup of coffee. During the week, I take it black, but on the weekends I like to spice things up a bit. I’ve been loving my Cinnamon Bulletproof Coffee recipe, but when Manitoba Harvest sent me their new Hemp Protein Smoothie powders, a new coffee idea struck!
I’ve always been a fan of chai tea and used to love Starbucks’ Chai Tea Lattes before my stomach starting rejecting them, so when I saw Vanilla Chai was one of the new smoothie flavors, I got pretty excited. Now I can whip up my own healthy, high-protein chai latte!
Obviously, this is not your typical sugar-laden vanilla mocha frappe whatever-you-order-in-Starbucks-lingo. This latte is actually pretty healthy thanks to the Hemp Protein Smoothie powder. The powder is made with simple ingredients like hemp protein, organic harvest greens (spinach, kale and broccoli) and a touch of organic coconut sugar. Plus, each serving houses 15 grams of protein, making this latte delicious and nutritious!
Like all of the recipes around these parts, whipping this up was a cinch – no fancy espresso machine needed. Just pour your brewed coffee (or espresso if you have the equipment) into a blender bottle with the Hemp Protein Smoothie, shake it up, pour it into your favorite mug, and top it off with some steamed milk (details on how to do this without an espresso machine in the recipe!) and a dollop of homemade whipped cream!
It’ll perk you up and fill you up, that’s for sure!
Want to make this baby yourself? Get your very own bag of Hemp Protein Smoothie powder right on over here. Use the promo code “hempsmoothielaunch16” for 15% OFF (good until April 30, 2016).
You can also ENTER TO WIN a case of your favorite flavor by submitting a photo of your smoothie creation using #hempproteinsmoothie and tagging @manitobaharvest!
Onto the recipe!
- 10 oz brewed coffee
- 2 Tbsp Vanilla Chai Hemp Protein Smoothie
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- optional: homemade vegan whipped cream (see link above)
- Pour brewed coffee and Hemp Protein Smoothie into a shaker bottle. Shake until blended* and pour into your favorite coffee mug.
- Pour milk into a mason jar. Screw the lid on shake vigorously for a few seconds. Place in the microwave with the lid still on and heat for 30-60 seconds.
- Gently pour milk on top of the coffee and top it all off with a dollop of whipped cream.
- *You can also do this in an electric blender.
What’s your favorite type of fancy coffee?
What’s the most interest protein powder flavor you’ve ever tried?
This post is linked up with Meatless Mondays.