This vegan, soy and gluten-free Pumpkin Kale smoothie is full of delicious fall flavors and nutrients. Make yourself one and then sit back, relax, hop around to some other amazing blogs and peruse through your new copy of The Casual Veggie Cookbook!
It’s here! It’s here! The Casual Veggie Cookbook is officially for sale! You can learn more about the cookbook here, but in a nutshell it’s a mega blogger collaboration to bring you HUGE range of recipes (vegan and meat-filled, gluten-free, paleo, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and more) all centered around veggies!
To celebrate, a few of the bloggers involved and I are hosting a drink and appetizer recipe hop launch party! Hop around to all the other bloggers for some bonus recipes and snag your copy of The Casual Veggie Cookbook.
I’m still not over my excitement that Fall is here, which means I’m still on a major pumpkin kick. Since this book is all about veggies, I got to thinking how can I make a delicious pumpkiny drink that incorporates even more nutritious goodness. Kale!
Then I got playful with it and decided to make my veggie-packed drink actually look like a pumpkin. And so without further ado: The Pumpkin Kale Smoothie!
The base of the smoothie tastes like a pumpkin pie. Top it off with a bit of green smoothie goodness and you have yourself a little super delicious and healthy jack-o-lantern in a glass.
The Casual Veggie has a whole section on kale (which is jam packed with vitamins A & K, btw), and includes delicious recipes like a Citrus Kale Salad, a Kale Pesto, Summer Kale Rolls and my very own Sundried Tomato & Kale Omelet.
Check out the recipe and then be sure to hop around to all the other bloggers in the recipe hop for more veggie goodness! Oh, and then of course, snag your copy of The Casual Veggie!!
- 1/2-3/4 c almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/4 c pure pumpkin puree (I use Libby's)
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- small handful ice cubes
- optional - 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use Vega Sport Performance Protein)
- 1/4-1/2 c almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 tsp freeze dried kale powder (or 1 small handful kale leaves)
- optional - 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
- Place all of the pumpkin layer ingredients into a high speed blender (liquid on the bottom) and blend until smooth and creamy. Pour into a glass.
- Rinse out the blender and then add in all of the kale layer ingredients (liquid on the bottom). Blend until smooth.
- Carefully pour or spoon the kale layer on top of the pumpkin layer.
- Enjoy your pumpkin in a glass!
A Tasty Mess – Pumpkin Madelbrodt
Cooking Up Clean – Pumpkin Apple Wontons
Family for Health – Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts
Hola Jalapeno – Guacamole Deviled Eggs
Parsley and Pumpkins – Butternut Squash and Saurkraut Pizza with Fizzy Pumpkin Punch
Pumpkins and Peanut Butter – Simple Spaghetti Squash Cakes
Primal Health with Jean – Paleo Pumpkin Hummus
Real Simple Good – Pesto Stuffed Mushrooms
The Weekly Menu – Sweet Potato Casserole Muffins
Toaster Oven Love – Veggie Pita Pizza Bites
Vermilion Roots – Lemongrass Ginger Barley Tea
Where is my Spoon? – Roasted Beetroot with Crisp Chickpeas
Will Cook For Friends – Sparkling Pear Ginger Cocktail
And don’t forget to buy your copy!!
Are you still on a pumpkin kick?
Did you get your copy of The Casual Veggie?
This post is linked up with Meatless Mondays.
This post contains affiliate links.