Get ready for Thanksgiving with this incredibly easy Pumpkin Pie “Ice Cream.” It’s vegan, gluten free, paleo and doesn’t even require an ice cream maker! Plus check out a round up of other great holiday recipes.
Oh boy, do I have a treat for you today! Not only am I bringing back one of my favorite recipes, but I’m also working with a bunch of other incredible bloggers to bring you a ton of kickass recipes that will make this Thanksgiving the best yet.
Welcome to the first annual Bloggers Gonna Blog Friendsgiving!
Nicole, Halloween isn’t even over yet. Yea, yea. I know. But you gotta be ahead of the game! Thanksgiving will be here before we know it, people.
Anywho, Friendsgiving! Over the next few days, my blogger friends and I will be posting a bunch of recipes to the link up below. There are salads, side dishes, entrees and of course, there are desserts! Including my amazing (not to toot my own horn but toot toot!) Healthy Pumpkin Pie “Ice Cream.”
I first created this dish in December 2013 as a way to help all the healthy-living New Year’s Resolutioners out there stick to a healthy diet. It’s been a go-to in my recipe arsenal ever since, and it’s perfect for anyone looking to stay healthy during the Thanksgiving and holiday festivities.
The best part, as always, is that it’s so easy to make. Just throw the three ingredients (yep, just three!) into a blender. Blend it up, and enjoy! No ice cream maker required.
Add on whatever toppings your little heart desires. Take a bite and you’ll never go back to pumpkin pie again. Ok, that may be an overstatement, but still… this ice cream is bomb!
Before I get to the recipe, I have to give you a bunch of other recipes! Sharing is caring after all. As I mentioned above, I’ve teamed up with a bunch of blogger friends in the Bloggers Gonna Blog Community to put together a little Friendsgiving recipe roundup. Hop around to virtually taste all the amazing dishes my friends have brought to the party!
- 1 frozen banana, broken in half width-wise
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- few dashes pumpkin pie spice
- optional: 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- optional toppings: graham cracker crumbs, dairy free chocolate chips, pecans, whipped "cream"
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Scoop into a bowl and add toppings.
- Enjoy with a clean conscious and and a big spoon.
- If you do not have a high-speed blender, you may want to allow the banana to thaw a few minutes and break it into smaller pieces. You may also need to stop the blender occasionally to push the ingredients back down toward the blade.
Have you started thinking about Thanksgiving? What’s on your menu?