Did you see that right? Another giveaway?! Yupsiree! I’m so ecstatic over the support you all have given this blog, that I’m going a bit giveaway crazy! First things first, as one giveaway begins, another must end. The winner of the Macmillan Audiobook Giveaway is:
Congrats, Sue! I sent you an email with details :).
The Reebok Spartan Race entry giveaway is still going strong, so don’t forget to enter that bad-boy. Together, we can all be Spartans! (That sounds epic!)
Anyway, if you’re prepping for a Spartan Race, or any race, or following any sort of workout routine, you should know that good nutrition is key. One thing in particular that helps with losing weight and simultaneously building muscle? Protein.
I’ve tried many a protein bar. Some good. Some not so good. I’ve been trying to find a bar that is vegetarian, lactose free, high in protein, doesn’t have crazy ingredients, and tastes good. That’s a tall order to fill, but if you follow nutrition crazes, you know what bar I’m about to mention that has all of the above.
I’ve been seeing these bars all over the place. They’ve been stalking me from the windows of GNC, following me around on Instagram, and popping up every time I visit Facebook. Shiz was getting cray, but I was intrigued. Then Quest offered to send me a bunch of samples to try, and I was more intrigued. Then the samples came, and I they had me at… well they had me as soon as I opened the box. Check out these goodies!
Needless to say, I was like a kid in a candy store when these arrived. I was trying to map out a plan of which flavor I want to try first. (Couldn’t do it. Had to close my eyes and grab.) They have 16 flavors! And yes, those are peanut butter cups! And yes again, healthy pasta!
Let’s get down to the details, shall we? First, the bar flavors (prep your mouth for watering):
Peanut Butter Supreme, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Chocolate Brownie, Double Chocolate Chunk, Banana Nut Muffin, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Cinnamon Roll, Coconut Cashew, Vanilla Almond Crunch, Apple Pie, Strawberry Cheesecake, White Chocolate Raspberry (my fav so far), Cookies & Cream, Mixed Berry, Lemon Cream Pie, and Peanut Butter & Jelly.
Now the nutrition facts:
- only 1-4g sugar per bar
- only 160-210 calories per bar
- 16-19g fiber per bar! (that a shiRt ton of fiber!)
- 20g protein per bar
Pretty awesome, am I right? RIGHT! Each bar is also vegetarian, lactose-free, and gluten-free. Bazinga!
What I really loved about the
little massive care package Quest sent me was the recipe book! Say whaa?! I can make things other than bars with these bars? Ah-mah-zing! Check out their virtual cookbook on Pinterest.
I was immediately drawn to the brownie recipe. Get this, one brownie is 100 calories and has 6.5g fiber and 10.2g protein. That’s pretty incredible for a tasty dessert. (Now I get why they use the hashtag “#cheatclean”) All you have to do it microwave a few bars for a few seconds, combine them in a muffin tin, top with the peanut butter cups, and pop in oven for ten minutes. The result? See for yourself:
Some quick pros & cons of Quest Protein Products:
- The high protein is great for building muscle. It also keeps you fuller longer.
- The high fiber also keeps you fuller longer and helps maintain a healthy digestive system.
- The flavor variety. Can’t beat it.
- The versatility. You can eat these bars straight out of the wrapper and they are pretty good, but if you microwave them, they become INCREDIBLE. They get all soft and gooey like a cookie. They seriously taste like dessert – but they are healthy! I recommend heating them up for about 20 seconds. The recipes are so yummy. I only made the brownie, but they have recipes for sandwich cookies, tarts, mug cakes, and more – all out of Quest products!
- The peanut butter cups. PBCs are my fav. I love this high protein version!
- The high fiber. I know. I know. I mentioned this as a pro (and it is!), but I’m pretty sensitive to fiber. Too little, and my tummy is mad. Too much, and my tummy is mad. (Maybe my tummy is just always mad?!) As someone that follows a plant based diet, I already get a lot of fiber, so I have to be careful with how many of these bars I eat at a given time – and I want to eat ALL the bars!
- Out-of-the-wrapper taste. While still good, they are definitely WAY better when warmed up. Now that I’ve enjoyed them all warm and gooey, I’m not sure I can go back to having them out of the wrapper.
- The noodles left a little something to be desired. Though the nutrition facts are impressive (zero net carbs, 20 calories), the taste and texture are… eh.
Are you convinced yet to give these a try? That’s good because the awesome folks at Quest have offered to give not one but TWO of you a 16 bar variety pack! That’s right, you get to try all of those drool-worthy flavors. You’re tastebuds are welcome in advance. Enter below! (Open worldwide!)
NOTE: Quest Nutrition provided me with their product free of charge in exchange for a review. That said, all opinions expressed in this blog are my own and I would never support a product I do not believe in.
NOTE numero dos: Giveaway winners have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen.