I had this whole big elaborate St. Patrick’s Day recipe planned in my head. It was going to be a recipe of epic deliciousness, but then this happened:
ALMOST made it the whole winter without getting sick. Booo!
I’ve missed 3 days of CrossFit and two runs trying to rest up and get better, but my body just isn’t having it. I’m hoping with all the hope one can hope for that I’ll be all better (or at least well enough) to get back to the box tomorrow.
In the meantime, I decided to scratch my elaborate St. Patrick’s Day recipe plan for one that didn’t require my already hot and clammy self (bleh- clammy – ew) to stand over a hot stove.
Enter this last minute St. Patty’s Thin Mint Pudding!
I have to say, for a last minute let’s-see-what-we-have-in-the-fridge recipe that requires only 5 minutes and no cooking, this is a winner!
It’s sweet and pepperminty like a Shamrock Shake. Topped with a delicious minty cashew cream. Like a Girl Scout Thin Mint in pudding form. Did I mention it’s vegan and gluten free? Maybe the luck of the Irish is on my side after all. Can the luck of the Irish be on the side of someone that isn’t Irish? I have red hair. Does that count?
Now if only the little leprechauns could bring me some health. I wouldn’t turn down a pot of gold either…
- 1 banana
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 Tbsp almond butter
- 1.5 Tbsp cacao powder
- 1/3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup cashew cream (soaked for at least 1 hour)
- 2 Tbsp water (plus more if needed)
- 5 drops liquid peppermint stevia
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Dish into a small bowl.
- Drain the cashews.
- Place in a blender with water.
- Blend until smooth. If the mixture seems chunky or grainy, add more water a bit at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Stir blend in peppermint stevia.
- Place a dollop of cashew cream on top of the pudding.
- Sprinkle with a bit of extra cacao powder if desired.
- Dig in and feel lucky.
- You'll have left over cashew cream.
What’s your favorite St. Patrick’s Day treat?
Did you manage to avoid getting sick this winter?
Pot of gold – who has one and can I has it?
This recipe is linked up with Meatless Mondays.