A few weeks ago, I posted this image to my social media channels and asked you all to guess the ingredients. A few of you came pretty close!
I know you all have been just dying to know what’s in the smoothie. Well, wait no more my fit and focused friends! Today I’m sharing not one, but TWO ways to make this Strawberry Vanilla Green Smoothie!
The base ingredients are simple: almond milk, banana, strawberries, and spinach. How you put it together is where the fun comes in.
For the first option, I added a little vanilla liquid stevia to give it some added sweetness and topped it off with goji berries (a delicious superfood), unsweetened coconut flakes, and chopped dates.
For option two, I wanted to have some fun with spring colors. For the pink layer, I blended together the almond milk, banana, and strawberries (with some vanilla protein powder this time) and poured half the mixture into my glass. To create the green layer, I took the remaining pink mixture and blended the spinach in. Then just poured that on top. Delicious double colored smoothie coming atcha!
How do you like to mix up your smoothies?
SIDE NOTE: Don’t forget to enter the Pretty Muddy Giveaway going on over here! There’s still plenty of time to enter this and 20+ giveaways happening as part of the Spring Into Fitness Giveaway Blog Hop. Get your entries in while you can!
- 1 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- ½ cup water
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 small handful frozen strawberries
- 1 large handful spinach
- Few drops liquid vanilla stevia
- Unsweetened coconut flakes, goji berries, and chopped dates for topping
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used Plant Fusion)
- Fresh, sliced strawberries for topping
- Toss almond milk, water, banana, strawberries, and spinach into a high speed blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and top with coconut flakes, goji berries, dates, or toppings of choice.
- Toss almond milk, water, banana, strawberries, and protein powder into a high speed blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour half of the mixture into a glass, leaving the remaining half in the blender.
- Add the spinach to the mixture that remains in the blender and blend until smooth. It should turn green.
- Gently pour or spoon the green mixture into the glass on top of the pink mixture.
- Top with strawberries and enjoy!