Gear up for all your summer runs with these summer running essentials.
Being in Los Angeles has got me really pumped for sun shiny, summery weather, which got me really pumped for sun shiny, summer runs! I love morning runs in the summer time, but the strong sun does require some special gear. You need some good, lightweight pieces, but you also need to protect your skin and stay hydrated. So I put together this handy dandy list of Summer Running Essentials to help guide your seasonal sporty shopping.
Before we get to the list, don’t forget about the awesomely fit & fashionable Reebok GIVEAWAY! Did you enter yet? You should get on that STAT!
Alright, get those credit cards ready. It’s Fit & Fashionable Friday Time!
- A Cute Hat – I recently started running with a hat on sunny days. It not only helps shade my eyes from bright glares, but it also protects my skin from the sun. This Adizero II Cap has 50 UPF to inhibit harmful UV rays, mesh panels for breathability and a moisture-wicking sweatband. I’m also a fan of my Sweat Pink Trucker.
- Handheld Water Bottle – Staying hydrated is uber important for summer runs. I will bring a handheld water bottle even for short runs because it is so easy to overheat. I’ve had this Nathan Handheld for years, and it’s still fab.
- Low Cut Socks– Lightweight socks that provide a little compression and cushion are great for warm weather runs. Your feet will likely swell a bit as you run and get sweaty, so you don’t want anything too thick that will cause your shoes to feel tight. I love the bright color of these SLS3 Neon Running Socks.
- Colorful Running Shoes – Is there anything more fun for a runner to buy than new running shoes? With fall goal races around the corner, I say it’s time for a new pair! I’m all about fun patterns and awesome colors, which is why these Adidas Pure Boost X Shoes are at the top of my try-on list.
- Running Shorts – Ever since I got these awesome running crops from Wantable, I want all my running gear to have pockets for stashing fuel. These Speed Track Shorts from Lululemon are perfect! Light, breathable, cute and filled with storage options. If you prefer a different type of short or simply can’t find ones like these, a SPIBELT is another great fuel-stashing alternative.
- Breathable Tank – Stay cool while also being fit & fashionable with a tank with cutouts. This Desi Tank from Fabletics is simply adorable. It’s moisture-wicking and has all-way stretch. A must.
- BONUS: Sunscreen! Don’t forget to slather on all the sun block before heading out the door.
Alright my fit & fashionable friends, let’s see those fabulous posts! If you’re new around here, you can find the full link up rules here, but here’s the gist:
Bloggers – You can add a link to any post of yours that is fitness and/or fashion related. This can be a product review, a workout, a healthy recipe – anything fit and/or fashionable. You must link back to this blog for your link to show up. If you drop your link I just ask that you spread the love to at least 2 other bloggers in the link up. If you have some awesome images, I’ll be sure to share them to my Fit & Fashionable Pinterest board!
Non-bloggers – You can get involved my sharing your #fitnfashionable photos (clothing, sweaty selfies, recipes) with the hashtag, or you can simply get introduced to some other awesomely fit & fashionable bloggers by clicking on the thumbnails below.
What are you summer running essentials?
This post contains affiliate links.