Happy Meatless Monday! I hope you all enjoyed the long holiday weekend. My company gave us any extra long weekend, and I have today off as well. Woohoo!
I’m starting a 12-week workout and nutrition program this week (more on that to come), so I’m starting to track my macros diligently and stick to strength and cardio based workout plan.
One thing I’ll definitely have to work into my diet every now and then is this amazing Sundried Tomato & Kale Omelet!
I whipped this up one night when I was low on groceries and just wanted something quick, and the result was AMAZING! I’ve made it multiple times over the past month. Who doesn’t love breakfast for dinner?
It’s savory, cheesy, and the sundried tomatoes add the perfect amount of sweetness.
Plus, all the protein makes it super filling! Here are the macros if you’re interested:
calories: 370, fat: 19.5, carb: 11.5, protein: 31.5, fiber: 1.75, sugar: 5
Do you enjoy breakfast for dinner?
What’s your favorite omelet combo?
Speaking of delicious things, don’t forget to enter the Skoop Giveaway! This stuff is packed with vitamins, antioxidants, and a healthy dose of fiber – and it tastes great! Head on over here to enter. You can earn more entries every day!
- 2 whole eggs
- 6 Tbsp liquid egg whites (or 2 egg whites)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I use Kraft shredded)
- 1/2 cup chopped kale
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes (dice after measuring)
- salt + pepper to taste
- Spray a large non-stick skillet with non-stick spray and heat over medium heat.
- Whisk the egg and egg whites together. Mix in salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into the pan and allow to cook for a minute or so.
- Top with cheese, kale and diced sundried tomatoes and allow to cook another minute or so.
- When edges are just starting to brown, use a spatula to fold the omelet in half. Press down to close.
- Remove to plate and enjoy!
- If you want an extra fluffy omelet, add a splash of milk.
- For a low-fat omelet, replace whole eggs with egg whites.