Confession: I’ve been on a major crepe kick. Sweet, savory, breakfast, and dinner crepes. I’ve become crepe obsessed, and this gluten free Sweet Date & Potato Crepe is my lastest love:
Crepes are so easy to make. You just whip up the batter, spread it thin on a pan, flip, fill, fold, done!
And they’re so versatile. You can fill them with whatever you like! This one is a mix between sweet and savory with sweet potato, dates, and maple syrup, but I’ve also made almond butter + banana crepes, chocolate + strawberry crepes, and cheesy crepes!
- 1/4 cup buckwheat or almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/2 sweet potato, peeled
- 2 pitted dates, diced
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp maple syrup + more for drizzle
- Fill a medium pot about half way with water and bring to a boil.
- Chop the sweet potato into large chunks and place in the pot.
- Boil until chunks are tender and can easily be pierced with a fork.
- Remove potato chunks from water (drain or use a straining spoon) and place in a blender with cinnamon, nutmeg, and maple syrup. Blend until smooth.
- Stir in dates and set aside.
- Whisk flour, egg, and milk together in a small bowl until combined.
- Spray a large skillet with non-stick spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- When pan is hot, pour crepe batter into pan and spread thin using the back of a spoon.
- After about a minute or two, carefully flip the crepe over.
- Spoon the filling onto the crepe and spread in the middle, leaving about an inch border.
- Carefully fold the edges of the crepe in to form a triangle pocket.
- Remove onto a plate.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkle with extra cinnamon if desired.
What would you fill you crepe with?
Are you ready to #RockYourCore?!