Every now and then, especially when you’re feeling low, it’s important to stop, take in everything around you, and think about all the wonderful things you have in your life. Afterall:
That is why I loved yesterday’s healthysELF challenge so much: make a list of 20 things you’re thankful for. I did this back in January for the Elf 4 Health Challenge, but there is so much to be thankful for that coming up with a new list was a piece of cake.
- My two wonderful parents.
- The fact that my sister got a job back up north, so she’ll be closer!
- My wonderful, loving, and supportive boyfriend.
- Living in a city with amazing health and fitness opportunities.
- The fact that I didn’t burn my apartment down yesterday when forgot the teakettle was on the stove (whoops!).
- Being close with my extended family (most of whom live nearby).
- The warm weather that’s around the corner (I can feel it!).
- The technology that makes it easier to stay in touch with friends.
- Having the guts to sign up for a Tough Mudder (and hopefully actually finish!).
- My running shoes and sweat pink laces!
- Working in a beautiful, walk-friendly city.
- All the fun new gadgets I get to play with since moving in with my engineer boyfriend (projector, anyone?).
- Cabot and Kraft cheeses (most are lactose free!).
- My tax refund (Vitamix, here I come!).
- Discovering the cute kitchen store around the corner from my office.
- Having a job where every once in a while I get to travel and work in weather like this:
- Yoga to the People for offering affordable and incredible yoga classes.
- My French Press, so I can make yummy coffee at work (the stuff in our kitchen is the pits).
- The online health and fitness community (special shoutouts to my fellow Greatists, SPAs, and healthysELFers!).
- All of you for taking the time to read and support Fitful Focus.
I’m also thankful for the recipe I have coming your way tomorrow!
Did you participate in this healthysELF challenge? What are you most thankful for?