Bring a taste of Girl Scout Cookie heaven to your kitchen with these allergy-friendly, no-bake Thin Mint Energy Bites.
Girl Scout cookie season is in full swing. Every year, I’m left wanting as I see co-workers stocking up and social media feeds filled with people fulfilling their every cookie desire.
I can’t tell you the last time I had a Girl Scout cookie, but I can tell you that this year I’m going to get my fix.
While I still can’t have the real deal, I can make my own Girl-Scout-cookie-flavored treats, and since I’m in the driver’s seat when it comes to “baking,” I can make them allergy-friendly and healthy. Take that, Girl Scouts!
Thin Mints were always my favorite of the cookies, so this Lady Scout whipped up a batch of Thin Mint Energy Bites!
These bites have even more to love than actual Thin Mints, themselves. First of all, they don’t require any baking. Second, they’re gluten free. Third, they’re vegan. Fourth, they’re packed with protein, healthy fats and fiber. On top of all that, you don’t have to hunt down a Girl Scout to get them; you can make these in the comfort of your kitchen in 10 minutes flat.
I usually use dates or raisins in my energy bite recipes, but this time around, I decided to try something different: dried FIGS! Figs are loaded with fiber and several essential minerals, including magnesium and potassium, both of which are great for muscle recovery.
I also used my favorite liquid stevia to add that delicious hint of mint: NuNaturals peppermint. Blend some of that up with the figs, chocolate protein powder, raw cashews and almond butter and you are ready to take on any Girl Scout.
How do they stack up nutritionally? Each bite (not including the optional chocolate drizzle) packs 115 calories, 7g of fat, 8g carbs, 6g protein, 2g fiber, and only 4g sugar. The perfect healthy treat.
Allergy Friendly Cooking Badge. Earned.
- 1 cup chocolate protein powder
- ¾ cup raw cashews
- ½ cup almond butter
- 9 dried figs
- 50 drops peppermint stevia
- ¼ melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 10 peppermint stevia
- Place protein powder, cashews, almond butter, figs and stevia in a food processor.
- Process until everything begins to stick together in a ball. (You may have to stop every few minutes to scrape down the sides.)
- Roll into 15 equal-sized balls.
- Enjoy now or keep chilled.
- Combine all drizzle ingredients in a small bowl.
- Lay balls out on a piece of parchment paper.
- Use a spoon to drizzle the chocolate over your balls. (It's best if the balls have been chilled slightly before drizzling).
Which Girl Scout Cookie is your favorite?