This Thin Mint Ice Cream Sandwich is the perfect guiltless dessert! Made with Arctic Zero Chunky Pints and whole food ingredients, this bad boy is gluten-free, lactose-free, soy-free, GMO free and super duper delicious! Read on for details and the most delicious giveaway of all time.
It’s no secret that I LOVE ice cream. Actually, that’s an understatement. I adore ice cream. I’m smitten with the stuff. Seriously, I want a gigantic ice cream sundae at my wedding instead of a wedding cake.
Unfortunately, my lactose intolerance means I can’t eat “real” ice cream. It’s all good, though, because I live in NYC where dairy-free ice cream shops are a thing. However, I’m still into those healthy living vibes, which is where Arctic Zero comes into play!
I was first introduced to Arctic Zero at Blend 2014. They had a few creamy pints, which I liked well enough. Then, they were back at Blend in 2015 with chunky pints, and I fell in love with ice cream all over again.
I finally connected with the brand when I was at Idea World, and they offered to send me some of their delicious creations! I. Was. So. EXCITED!
Here’s the lowdown on what makes this ice cream so awesome:
Each pint is low glycemic, certified gluten-free (with the exception of the Chunky Cookie Dough Chip – wah!), GMO free, lactose free, vegetarian and kosher. The Creamy pints are also fat free. Boom. Nailed it.
Arctic Zero pints are also handcrafted from premium ingredients. No artificial flavors, sweeteners or colors. As they say on their site, “it’s the perfect zero-guilt pleasure whenever your sweet tooth strikes.” Agreed, Arctic Zero. Agreed.
The company was originally going to send me all 5 of their Chunky Pint flavors (Key Lime Pie, Buttery Pecan, A Lil’ Bit Chippy, Cool Mint Chip, Cookie Dough Chip). Each pint has only 75 calories per serving (or 300 for the whole pint! Let me say that again – the WHOLE pint!). Since the Cookie Dough Chip isn’t gluten-free, I asked if they would mind subbing it out with one of their creamy flavors instead, and they obliged (woot!). Here’s what I got:
Their other creamy flavors include: Orange Dream, Toasted Coconut, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Hint of Mint, Cookie Shake, Vanilla Maple, and Simply Strawberry. These pints are only 35 calories per serving or about 150 calories for the whole pint! I mean… it don’t get much better than that.
I enjoyed all the flavors, but the Chunky Pints definitely have a little somethin’ somethin’ over the creamy ones. My faves were Buttery Pecan, which I whipped into the most amazing sundae of all time…
…and the Cool Mint Chip, which I turned into a BALLER Thin Mint Ice Cream Sandwich! Oh to the yea:
Even Will was impressed. I let him have a bite (but just one) and he said, “Wow, that’s delicious”. I know. Now give it back. Not everything I make breaks the kitchen and turns into an epic fail (jerk.)
The sandwich part of the sandwich has only a few whole and healthy ingredients, and the ice cream part of the sandwich is Arctic Zero, of course! All you need is a good blender or food processor and you’ll be downing this bad boy faster than you can say, “I scream for ice cream!”
- 1/2 cup roasted, unsalted almonds
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/4 cup + 1/2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 10 drops liquid peppermint stevia (or peppermint extract + stevia sweetener)
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup Arctic Zero Cool Mint Chip
- Pulse the almonds in a food processor until they reach a flour-like consistency.
- Add in the dates and 1/2 Tbsp melted coconut oil and process until everything begins to stick together.
- Remove the dough from the processors and press/roll out on parchment paper. Use a large round cookie cutter or the top of a mason jar to cut the dough into two equal circles.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours, or until set.
- Then, combine the remaining 1/4 cup coconut oil, cocoa powder and peppermint stevia in a shallow dish.
- Submerge each cookie in the mixture, place back on parchment paper and freeze for about 5 minutes or until the shell is solidified.
- Take your pint of ice cream and carefully cut off the top 1/2 inch or so, leaving you with a perfectly round circle of ice cream. Cut away the paper from the pint and place the ice cream round between your two cookies.
- Eat and enjoy!
What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream?
Creamy or Chunky?
What Arctic Zero flavor do you want to try the most?
This post is linked up with Meatless Mondays & the Wednesday Giveaway Roundup.