FRIDAYYYYYYYY!!!! YESSSSSSSSSA! (<— for some reason adding that “a” makes it extra exciting.)
I am so ready for the weekend. It’s only a few hours away, but in the meantime; let’s have some fun with Friday Five, hosted by the lovely DC Trifecta: Eat Pray Run DC, Mar On The Run, and You Signed Up for What?!
This week’s theme is: Favorite Race Memories. And just like the sound of a racing horn, we’re off!!
- The morning of my first half marathon. – I remember this morning like it was yesterday. I woke up ridiculously early, ate a bagel with egg and tomato, got to the park, peed about 5 times, and had about 5290729357 butterflies in my stomach. It was my first experience with pre-race jitters, and while it was nerve-racking, it was also thrilling!
- Crossing the finish line at my first half marathon. – 2 hours and 2 minutes after said jitters, I was crossing the finish line of my first big race! Is there any better feeling than crossing your first finish line?
- Running through Disney World! – I can’t say enough good things about the Walt Disney World Marathon, but I’ll never forget being able to run through the Magic Kingdom before the sun was even up! It was so… well… magical!
- Crossing the finish line at my first marathon. – After finishing my first half, I really never dreamed of doing a full, but somehow, I got the itch. It was the hardest thing I’ve ever done, but it was glorious! After crossing the finish line in Epcot, I couldn’t stop smiling!
- Getting my Tiffany’s Necklace. – Finishing any race = good memory. Finishing a race at a new PR = awesome memory. Finishing a race at a new PR and getting a Tiffany’s Necklace for it = fantastically awesome memory!
As you can see, most of my favorite race memories involve finishing the race. Can you blame me? I love the feeling of hard work paying off, finishing what I started, and getting new bling, of course!
What’s your favorite race memory?
Have a great weekend!