Get your favorite runners something they’ll love this holiday season with the help my Top Gifts for Runners gift guide, the 2017 edition!
It’s that time of year! Time to start thinking about big holiday meals, Christmas trees, Hanukkah parties and of course SHOPPING!
Holiday shopping can be stressful, especially if you are at a loss for what to get all those wonderful people in your life. To help make life a little easier, I’ll be sharing a few gift guides over the next few weeks with some of my favorite goodies. Hopefully at least one thing in at least one of these gift guides will help inspire your holiday shopping. Today, we’re starting with what to get the runners in your life!
1. Bluetooth headphones – I honestly don’t know how I used to run with wired earbuds. Wireless is where it’s at when you’re bouncing around on a run. I’ve tried a few different pairs of bluetooth headphones, and my top three in order of least expensive to most expensive are Plantronics, Aftershokz, and Tunes (featured in these pictures – they have the best sound quality but are also the most expensive). If the runner in your life is still hooked up to wires, these will make a great gift.
2. New workout gear – Fact: runners can never have enough running gear. Go for high-performance, sweat wicking fabrics and your runner will be thrilled. Need some brand recommendations? Joules Athletics recently sent me some of their gear to try, and I can tell you first hand that the female runners in your life will love this apparel! Pictured above are their Black Felicia Leggings (most comfortable leggings on earth), Hartman Tank (fits like a glove) and Stacy Vest (cutest!). Not only is their gear well made, it’s well priced! This whole outfit would run you $108. That’s about the price of one pair of leggings at Lulu! Oh, BUT, if you use the code “sweatpinkroules” at checkout, you’ll get 15% OFF your order. Holiday shopping? Check!
3. Inspirational fitness jewelry – Every runner needs a little extra push from time to time, which is why a motivational piece of jewelry will light up your runner’s face this season. I adore Momentum Jewelry motivate wraps. They’re comfortable to wear while running, easy to wash and can say just about anything you’d like! I have two, one that says “find joy in the journey,” and another that says, “positive energy.”
4. A gps watch – If you want to REALLY see your runner’s face light up (and are willing to spend a little extra moolah), a GPS watch is a boss gift. I love my Garmin Forerunner 235 and think the TomTom Spark is a great less expensive option.
5. A fuel belt – If your runner enjoys long distances, odds are they need a fuel belt to store all the carb-o-licious treats they chow down on mid run. They probably also need a place to stash their phone, keys and credit cards while running. I’ve been using SPIbelt for years to hold everything I need, but this year they created a LUXE Spibelt with a high gloss metallic buckle and zipper that make it totally chic. Your runner will be logging miles in style with one of these babies.
6. New kicks – Did you know runners need to replace their sneakers ever 300-500 miles? That means even if your runner doesn’t need new kicks right this second, they’ll probably need some soon! Asics, Mizunos, Brooks, Sauconies, New Balance, Nike, Reebok and Hoka One One are some of the most well known running shoe brands.
7. An insulated water bottle – Help your runner keep cool and feel refreshed during and after a tough run by gifting them with an insulated water bottle. Yeti is my jam.
8. A foam roller – Foam rolling is a key injury-prevention tactic for runners, so help your favorite runner keep running a foam roller! This TriggerPoint GRIDSTIK Handheld Foam Roller is perfect for runners who like to travel for racecations.
9. Bonus gift idea – If you can’t settle on one product, let Stridebox help you. Get your runner a Stridebox subscription, and each month they’ll receive a curated box of running nutrition, accessories, and essentials to fuel their training sessions, workouts, and races. They’ll get a new box every month, so it’s pretty much the gift that keeps on giving. Use the code “FitfulFocus10” to get 10% OFF of 3 month and 6 month gift subscriptions.
Got gift guides or fit & fashionable tips? Don’t forget to join the Fit & Fashionable Friday Link Up!
Runners: what would you add to the list?