Father’s Day is around the corner! Ditch the typical gifts, and surprise Dad with something off this Unexpected Father’s Day Gift Guide!
This post is sponsored by Uncommon Goods.
Can you believe we’re a third of the way through June already? When did that happen? Father’s Day is next week, and I’ll be honest, it kinda snuck up on me. I’ll also be honest in saying my dad is SO hard to shop for. He’s one of those guys that keeps it simple and doesn’t like a lot of stuff. Whenever I ask him what he wants for his birthday/Hanukkah/ Father’s Day, his response is, “Nothing.” Bah- ya gotta give me something, Dad!
Fortunately, I was recently introduced to a cool company that has some pretty awesome products I think my Dad will love: Uncommon Goods.
Their site features all kinds of unique items and handcrafted gifts that are both environmentally friendly and dad friendly! They’re mission is to support and provide a platform for artists and designers, and in fact, half of what they sell is made by hand.
I had such a blast perusing their website and found all kinds of awesome, uncommon gifts I think any dad would love, so I put together a little gift guide to help you all shop, too. The Unexpected Father’s Day Gift Guide – at your service!
Let’s take a look at the goods:
- Smartphone Instant Photo Lab – My dad takes a decent amount of pictures on his iPhone, mostly of the dogs and his fish tank. He says those are his babies until he has grandkids (thanks for not pressuring me, Dad). Anywho, how cool would it be for him to be able to print those pics with this handy little printer whenever he wants?
- Make Your Own Hot Sauce Kit – You know how some people put ketchup on everything? My dad puts hot sauce on everything. Any spicy condiment fiend would love to whip up their own fiery concoction with this DIY guide, and they’ll be perfect to have all summer long.
- New York Times Custom Baseball or Football Book – Got a sports-guy dad? These amazing books will retrace the history of his favorite baseball or football team through reprinted coverage from The New York Times. Whenever he wants, he can flip back to relive his team’s glory days or most noteworthy games.
- Dog Blueprints – If your Dad loves his dog almost as much as he loves you (or more than you – I mean, those furry friends are pretty adorable), these framed prints might be right up his alley.
- DIY Smartphone Projector – I remember sitting around my dad’s retro slide projector and looking at pictures of his childhood. Now, this little gadget can give him a modern day upgrade. It accommodates most phones and displays photos and videos for all to see!
- Yard Dice – How fun would these oversized dice be for a family BBQ? I used to play Yahtzee with my dad all the time, so I think this would be blast to play with in the summer. Each bag comes with six dice and four different games.
- Beer Brewing Kit – My dad isn’t much of a beer drinker, but if your dad is a fan, this DIY kit could be a big hit. Will and I are actually currently in the process of making beer with this kit, and it’s a really interesting process. Not only would it make a great gift for dad, but it could also be something you two do together!
I hope something in this list sparks your fancy or at least gives you some good ideas. If you do find a gift from Uncommon Goods, they’ll donate $1 of every purchase to the non-profit of your choice. Pretty sweet, huh?
Also be sure to check out the NOW Foods Giveaway over here. You can earn new entries every day.
And of course, it’s Fit & Fashionable Friday! Join the link up below and check out the full rules here.
Liking any of these gift ideas?
What are your plans for Father’s Day?