Create magic in your kitchen, and enchant your taste buds with these healthy, no-bake Unicorn Energy Bites.
It was so gloomy yesterday morning. Rain was pouring down in sheets, and the wind was whipping it all around. It was dark and dreary and vicious, so what did I do? I spent the day in the kitchen creating all kinds of goodness to brighten up my day.
The most magical thing to come out of my cooking adventures? These Unicorn Energy Bites!
I made my Unicorn Chex Mix too long ago. It was time to create another fantastical unicorn treat.
So what makes these so magical? For one, they’re colorful just like a unicorn. They also contain raisins, but not just any raisins. These bites of bliss have GOLDEN raisins. They’re also held together with golden honey (which you can swap for agave to make these vegan). Anything with gold has to be enchanting, right? RIGHT!
They’re also filled with the goodness of cashews. Healthy fats. Protein. It’s all in there!
Simply toss everything into a food processor and wait for the magic to all come together.
Then, divide your mixture into four parts and color them with food coloring (I made dusty rose, green, light blue, and purple colors). Take piece of each color, mash them together and roll them into little bite-sized balls.
For extra magic, roll each ball in pixie dust (aka multi-colored sprinkles). These are great, healthy treats to make with kids, or to make for your unicorn-loving friends.
Ready for the recipe? Get to magic making!
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/2 cup pure honey (agave for vegan)
- 1 1/2 cup gluten free oats
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup raw cashew pieces
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- Food coloring (I used red, blue, green, and yellow)
- optional: multi-colored sprinkles
- Add all ingredients to food processor.
- Process until a sticky ball of dough forms. (Note: you may have to stop to scrape down the edges a few times).
- Divide your dough into four equal parts.
- Color each part however you'd like by adding a few drops of food coloring and folding it in with your hands. Don't be afraid to get your hands dirty! (I made dusty rose by combining red with blue [more red than blue], light purple by combining equal parts blue and red, light green by combining green with a bit of yellow, and blue.)
- Coat a place with multi-colored sprinkles.
- Take a little bit of each color. Mush them together and roll into a bite-sized ball. Roll the ball in the sprinkles, and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat until all the dough has been used.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Enjoy or store in the fridge for up to a week.
Have you jumped on the Unicorn bandwagon?