Soooo I know it’s Tuesday and not Monday, but with the holiday (and my boyfriend’s bday on Sunday – Happy Birthday, Boyfriend – woo!!) I couldn’t get my ish together in time to post my MMAZ recipe. But this one is too good not to post at all, so here it is a day late!
This week’s ingredient is Vanilla – yum!!
I wanted to create a dessert (I’m definitely on a dessert kick lately – which is not good but SO good at the same time) that didn’t require any cooking and had minimal ingredients. Enter Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding!
Ingredients? Almond milk, chia seeds, and liquid vanilla stevia. Mix together, refrigerate for a bit, and voila, you have a delicious, sugar-free, healthy dessert!
The chia seeds gel up a bit to give the milk a thicker, close to pudding-like texture. They also provide Omega-3s, fiber, protein, and antioxidants. Regular old vanilla pudding ain’t got nothing on this!
This recipe makes one mega portion, so I suggest splitting it with a date for a romantic treat or doling it out into a few separate bowls.
But hey, no judgements if you just want to grab a spoon and dig in all by your lonesome!
Before I leave you, we’re in the final hours of the Zim’s GIVEAWAY! Get in those entries while you still can!
What’s your favorite vanilla-flavored concoction?
- 1.5 cups unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 4.5 Tbsp chia seeds
- 10ish drops vanilla liquid stevia
- optional toppings: dark chocolate chunks, goji berries, sliced banana, fresh berries
- Add all ingredients to a jar or bowl.
- Stir or shake to combine well.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator overnight (or at least 4 hours).
- Remove from the fridge and give the pudding a good stir.
- Divide into bowls (or just get a few spoons), add any desired toppings and serve.
- If you don't have vanilla liquid stevia, you can try vanilla extract + sweetener of choice - though I can not speak to the results.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
so don’t forget to head over to those linkups and check out the other delicious vegan recipes!