Feed your pumpkin obsession with this simple, protein-packed, vegan and gluten free Vanilla Pumpkin Spice Smoothie.
Note: I received free product from Manitoba Harvest as part of a campaign with SweatPink in exchange for a review. All opinions in the post are my own.
Let’s talk about hemp, baby. Let’s talk about you and me.
Oh, that’s not how it goes? My b.
But seriously. Let’s talk about hemp. Not hemp in the holy-cannibis-let’s-go-smoke-a-doobie-in-the-boy’s-bathroom sense, but hemp in the I’m-an-awesome-whole-food-sense!
I’m a huge hemp seed fan. They have a nice nutty taste and are full of omegas and protein. I put them on my salads, mix them into smoothies, put them in granola bars. You could say I’m high on hemp (ba dum chh!!).
One of my favorite brands of hemp seeds is Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts, so when I had the opportunity to participate in a SweatPink campaign and try Manitoba Harvest’s new hemp protein, HempPro 70, I jumped on it!
The package they sent was so cute.
They even told me I’m awesome. Thanks, Manitoba Harvest!
They sent me samples of the new Vanilla and Chocolate HempPro 70 flavors.
What exactly are the benefits of HempPro 70? Here are the deets straight from Manitoba Harvest:
- It’s the only water soluble hemp protein powder on the market. It’s super smooth and doesn’t need to be mixed by a blender.
- It’s a pure plant based protein that’s 95% digestible. There are only four ingredients in each flavor of HempPro 70. (nice!)
- It’s sweetened with organic coconut sugar – so it’s low on the glycemic index.
- It has protein and omegas (just like my favorite hemp seeds!). The vanilla flavor has 15g of protein and the chocolate has 14g. Not too shabby.
Alright, so let’s get down with the experimenting, shall we? I mixed the chocolate flavor into some chocolate overnight oats.
The verdict? It wasn’t as sweet as I would have liked, but I enjoyed it. What I enjoyed most was that it didn’t upset my sensitive tummy AT ALL. I felt great all day! Win!
I got a little more creative with the vanilla flavor. You see, on the day I decided I was going to test it out I was craving pumpkin. Yup. I got the pumpkin bug. The solution? This Vanilla Pumpkin Spice Smoothie!
Yummmmm! Pumpkin spice smoothie = craving satisfied. But beyond the pumpkin, I really enjoyed the vanilla flavor the HempPro 70 brought to it. And again, my tummy was happy. Here’s the recipe:
- 1.5 c almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, fresh or frozen into ice cubes for extra thickness
- few dashes of pumpkin pie spice
- Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Enjoy that taste of Fall goodness.
So what say you? Ready to get on the hemp train?! Yea? Sweet, man. Here’s a discount code for you! Head over the Manitoba Harvest shop and get 20% the HempPro 70 vanilla or chocolate flavors with code: sweatpinkpro70.
Have you ever tried hemp (the food version)?
Are you a pumpkin spice smoothie lover, too?