So remember a few weeks ago when Will talked about how he gets excited when I go away? Well, I’m here to fire back!
Ok, ok. In all honesty, I can’t be mad. I, too, get excited when I know I’ll have the apartment to myself. Maybe it’s a sign that we secretly hate each other. Or maybe it’s a sign that we’re both independent people that love each other but appreciate our time to grow as individuals. Yep, I’m sticking with the later.
So what does a gal do when she knows her boyfriend isn’t going to be home? Let’s take a gander at how the day progresses:
The morning of departure.
- Kiss Will goodbye. Tell him I love him and I’ll miss him. He says he’ll miss me, too. We both know it’s a lie.
The afternoon build up.
- While at work, start thinking about what I should do that night.
- Turn down plans to go out with friends for the “special” evening I have planned. I’m not about to waste some precious alone time on friends. Psh. As if. (Oh yes, I’m bringing that gem back.)
- Rush out of work as early as possible.
- Arrive home, open the door to my paradise of solitude and take in the fresh, quiet air. Ahhhhh
- Immediately strip off work clothes and get into Soffe shorts and an oversized race t-shirt. I like to get dressed up for myself, after all.
The evening of.
- Figure out dinner. Gluten-free pizza with the mushrooms Will hates? Done.
- Netflix. On. Time to watch all those shows Will won’t watch with me. Game of Thrones. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. I know! I’ve asked him to watch with me and he won’t. I watched Breaking Bad and Lost all on my lonesome. He cray.
- Buzz in pizza guy. Scream, “Pizza’s here!” so delivery guy won’t think I’m going to eat pizza alone on a Friday night. (Do I really do this? You’ll neva know!)
- Invite other boyfriend over. Pour mega massive glass of wine.
- See text from Will asking what I’m up to. Reply with a picture a la:
Honesty. It’s the backbone of any relationship.
- Admit defeat to pizza box after 3rd slice. Watch John Snow die/not die? I need to know! Whoops… sorry… spoiler alert.
- Convince myself I’ve digested the pizza and have room for an “ice cream” sundae. Make said ice cream and douse with all the toppings.
- Eat all the ice cream with all the toppings and feel relieved that Will isn’t around to bear witness to my food baby.
- Get ready for bed. AKA spread out like R. Kelly’s arms for the chorus of “I Believe I Can Fly.”
- Text Will goodnight.
The morning after.
- Wake up missing Will and ready for him to come home. Mostly so that I can resume living like a normal human being and do things other than binge on Netflix & pizza in shorts I’m pretty sure I’ve had since the 9th grade. Ok… that actually sounds pretty awesome… But awesome things are sometimes best kept in moderation.
Do you enjoy alone time or do you prefer to be social?
What do you do when you have the house to yourself?