Welcome to another fun filled round of What’s In That Bulu Box!
This was meant to be a monthly post. I’ve clearly failed on that front – but hopefully it will be a monthly post moving forward! If you haven’t heard me talk about Bulu Box before, it’s the only subscription box I subscribe to. I’ve tried a few others – but this is the only one that’s stuck. Here’s a quick overview on how it works:
Each month you get a custom box filled with 4-5 samples (or more, like this box) from top health/fitness brands. You earn points for each box you get and can get even more points for taking product surveys. You can then use said points to purchase full-sized versions of your favorite products. Pretty sweet, huh? I love getting this little box of healthy goodies to test out and to share with you!
Alright, so onto what was in this month’s box!
1. Masquelier’s Solederm – This is an after sun lotion that supposedly helps repair the signs of daily UV damage on the skin from overexposure to the sun. I’m saving this bad boy for the next time I’m up at the lake. I tend to get a little burned when I’m up there, no matter how much block I put on. #fairskinnedproblems
2. Kickbutt Amped Energy Ballz – These little protein and vitamin packed balls are delicious! They are chewable little, chocolate coated (<— yes!!) pre workout bites made with whey protein to support lean muscle health and energizing B-vitamins to speed up recovery time. The suggested serving size is 2 balls, but I found one gave me the perfect little boost without making me feel hyper or jittery. Plus, I didn’t see any signs of a crash later on. I tried two different flavors: cherry and cappuccino. Both were quiet tasty (and both are coated in the lactose-free chocolate!), but if I were to order a whole thing of them, I’d probably go with cappuccino – it’s a nice flavor for the morning.
3. Helps Teas – I’ve been loving tea lately. I’ve heard of Helps tea before, but had never tried these flavors. Helps for Her helps relax and dimish PMS symptoms in women. Let me tell you, this tea came just in time if you catch my drift. I had a cup on the morning when my lady problems are usually at their worst, and while I still had some symptoms, I have to say they weren’t as bad as they usually are. Whether that was the tea helping or just luck, I do not know, but at the very least, the tea tasted nice! I haven’t tried the Helps for Rehydration Diets yet. It’s meant to help replace lost fluids for when kids have tummy troubles. With my sensitive tummy, I’m sure I’ll be able to use this at some point.
4. Beanfields Barbecue Chips – I’ve had Beanfields chips before, but I’ve never had the Barbecue flavor. Oh My Goodness, you guys, these were AMAZING! I haven’t had BBQ flavored chips in sooo long because they usually aren’t lactose free. I was in heaven snacking on these. Not only are they vegan, but they are also gluten-free and corn-free. I also loved that I took out a chip and it was the EXACT same size as the chip on the bag. How’s that for truthful advertising?
5. Power Crunch Original Bar – I can’t eat this bar because it’s not lactose-friendly, but supposedly it has fewer calories and less sugar than more protein bars. They sound pretty interesting – high protein, creme-filled wafer bars. I’ve never had a protein wafer bar. Anyway, sounds cool!
6. Rutaseomn – Who here has ever had a late cup of coffee to get you through the afternoon slump only to find that it keeps you up all night long?! (raises hand) Guilty! Well Ruatseomn is a natural acting sleep aid that helps remove caffeine from your system! And it’s non-habit forming and 100% drug free (it’s made from something called Evodia fruit)! I was working one day last week and needed a little pick me up around 3pm. I try not to have any caffeine after 11am, but on this particular day Starbucks was necessary. As bedtime approached, I was still pretty wired. I was a little wary but in the name of experimenting, I popped this little pill about an hour and half before bed. Let me tell you, the light went off and I was OUT! I slept so well!
7. Extras – Along with product samples, almost every Bulu Box also comes with some coupons and trials for digital programs. This box came with a few, but I’m most interested in the voucher to Naked Wines (yum yum!) and a 2 week trial to Fit Fusion (an online hub for workouts).
What do you think? All this for $5? Not too shabby if I do say.
If you are interested in trying Bulu Box, I have an awesome deal for you! You can use my Bulu Box Ambassador code to get 50% OFF a 3, 6, or 12 month subscription! The best deal is to get a 12-month subscription, usually $110, for only $55! Just use this link and enter BULUGAN009 at checkout. Happy Bulu-ing!
Which of these products sounds the most interesting to you?
Are you a subscription box fan? Which ones have you tried?
NOTE: This post contains affiliate links.