Sooooooo remember when I said, “something exciting involving smoothies is starting up next week.” Well that was last week, which means this week is the something exciting!
Allow me to introduce to you: The Vega Smoothie Pinnin’ Contest!!
NOTE: I received Vega product for free in exchange for helping to promote this contest. All opinions expressed in this blog are my own. That said, Vega is awesome and you should try their stuff if you haven’t. I digress…
Those of you that stop by on a regular basis know I’m more than just a smoothie lover; I’m a smoothie fanatic! A Smoothie Groupie, if you will. I have two different Vitamix cookbooks, both of which are filled with smoothies, and I’m constantly experimenting with my own smoothie recipes. Not to mention, a majority of my Pinterest account is already filled with delicious smoothies. So, uh, OF COURSE I’m going to get in on this contest, and you should to! It’s fun, it’s easy, and all you have to do is Pin – which come on, you’re already doing that every day while you’re bored at work. Don’t lie!
It’s super easy to get involved. You don’t even have to create any recipes or make any smoothies. But uhhhhh you’re gonna wanna!
Here’s how to enter:
- Follow Vega on Pinterest.
- Create YOUR Board Titled: Best Smoothie Recipes– Repin Vega’s recipes, your recipes, any smoothie recipes that leave you salivating!
- Pin & Tag 10 (or more) of your fave smoothies using #BestSmoothie #VegaSmoothie.
- Enter your info here.
That’s it! And of course, share you board as much as possible so we can all see it and drool over your smoothie picks! The contest runs until September 30th.
Why do this? Well one: it’s fun! And B: the prizes are AMAZING! They include goodies from:
Here’s my board for a little PINspiration (<— see what I did there? Ba dum chhh). Feel free to repin anything you’d like.
Orrrr how’s about a new smoothie recipe to get you started! Go ahead and Pin this so-good-it-should-be-bad White Peach Smoothie:
The juiciest of summer peaches frozen to perfection, a touch of white grapes, and some delicious Vega Sport Vanilla Protein (one of my faves) makes smoothie perfection. Or dare I say, it’s the #BestSmoothie?! (here’s to hoping I win!) Recipe at the very end of this post!
Are you excited? Well guess what?! I have even more exciting news!
And now for the recipe:
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 scoop Vanilla protein powder (I use Vega Sport)
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen peaches (cut into chunks)
- handful of frozen green grapes (about 10)
- optional topping: unsweetened coconut flakes
- Place milk, protein powder, and fruit in a high speed blender, like a Vitamix.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a glass or a stylishly hip mason jar, top with coconut flakes, and enjoy the #BestSmoothie!
- Calories: 343, Fat: 0.5g, Carbs: 47.6g, Fiber: 4g, Protein: 35.7g