I’ve always been a veggie fan. Even as a kid, I don’t remember my mom having to persuade me to eat my veggies. I ate ’em and I liked ’em – with the except of okra and brussels sprouts. While I still can’t get over okra, I remember the day I changed my mind about brussels.
It was Thanksgiving about 4 years ago. I was at my aunt’s house with about 35 family members. Dinner was served buffet style, and I remember piling my plate with sweet potato and other delectable Thanksgiving side dishes. Then, I came across the brussels sprouts. For some reason, they called to me. The gross-to-me vegetable looked surprisingly appetizing. I put one on my plate figuring I’d give it a try.
After going through the dishes that I loved, it was time to try the little sprout. I popped it in my mouth and was shocked. My aunt had simply roasted the brussels in olive oil, salt and pepper, and they weren’t just good, they were delicious! Now whenever I see roasted brussels sprouts on a menu side dish, I order them. Nothing but love for you, Brussels, nothing but love.
This is part of the reason I’ll always try new things, and one of the reasons I’m so excited announce my involvement in an awesome new project! I’ve partnered up with over 45 other bloggers to bring you The Casual Veggie Cookbook!
This digital cookbook is so unbelievably awesome. Why? I’ll tell you, young grasshopper…or shall I say, young sprout (ba dum chhh).
THE WHOLE COOKBOOK IS ORGANIZED AROUND VEGGIES
- The Casual Veggie is all about celebrating the variety and diversity of veggies
- The book is packed with 166 recipes to help you eat healthy
IT’S NOT A DIET OR LIFESTYLE SPECIFIC COOKBOOK
- This is a cookbook for people who want to eat home cooked meals, using real food, with a focus on plants.
- This isn’t just a cookbook. It’s a tool to help you live and eat healthier.
- You’ll get a HUGE range of recipes – meat-filled and meatless, gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian, paleo, breakfast, lunch, dinners, snacks, dessert – you name it, this book has it!
YOU WILL BE INTRODUCED TO DOZENS OF TALENTED BLOGGERS YOU’LL LOVE GETTING TO KNOW BETTER
- The food bloggers bio will let you know their cooking style (we’ve got everyone from paleo bloggers to vegan bloggers, registered dietitians and nutrition coaches to moms and foodies).
- The digital style of the cookbook allows you to go directly to blogs you like for more recipes tailored to their niche
YOU’LL UP YOUR VEGGIE KNOWLEDGE
- Each chapter (29 total) focuses on a specific vegetable and teaches you all about it. You’ll learn about the veggie’s
- Nutrition information
- How it’s grown
- How to shop for it
- How to store it
- How to prep the veggie
- How to cook it with 4-8 recipes featuring the veggie
This has been such a wonderful collaboration between so many different types of bloggers, but no matter what kind of lifestyle or diet we follow, we all eat and love our veggies! This cookbook is a way to think differently about common veggies and celebrate the variety they offer, and I couldn’t be more excited!
The Casual Veggie Cookbook will be available for purchase on October 19th, and we’re having a Virtual Launch Party to celebrate! I hope you’ll swing by and enjoy the party! To get you pumped, I’m pleased to introduce you to some of the bloggers involved in this awesome book:
A Southern Grace
Cooking Up Clean
Family Food on the Table
Family For Health
Haute and Healthy Living
Jeanie and Lulu’s Kitchen
Parsley and Pumpkins
Primal Health with Jean
Pumpkin and Peanut Butter
Real Simple Good
The Delicious Balance
The Weekly Menu
Toaster Oven Love
Treble in the Kitchen
Where is my Spoon?
Will Cook For Friends
Be sure to come back on the 19th for the Launch Party! We’ll be hosting a blog hop filled with all kinds of delicious recipes, and you’ll be able to get your hands on a copy of The Casual Veggie Cookbook! WOOHOO! Hope to see you then!
What’s your favorite veggie?
What veggie do you love that you used to hate?